Skip to main content
Wikispaces Classroom is now free, social, and easier than ever.
Try it today.
Pages and Files
Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences
Wireless display for iPad
Add "All Pages"
iPads Resources at Linfield College
Here, we will collect a bank of resources useful to the Linfield Community related to iPads in teaching and learning.
Linking your iPad wirelessly to a projector or other display
How to alphabetize your apps without dragging and dropping each one individually
Linfield's FDL (Faculty Development Lab
) has two
iPads for faculty to check out. One specifically for
Art, Humanities, Social Science apps
and one for
. Below is a list of common apps that are useful and found on both iPads.
Atomic Web Browser Lite
- an alternative web browser that offers Facebook/Twitter integration among other features
- record and share short audio clips
- Business Analyst Online offers demographic and market facts for every area in the United States
- an interactive test prep platform for the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, SAT and more
Blackboard Mobile Learn
- allows you to view and post content to your BBLearn courses.
- Multimedia story creation; plays back like a video and post to the web.
- web browser
-a voice recognition app that takes what you say and types it out to be sent as an e-mail, social network update, etc.
- as the name implies, you can see two web pages at once on your iPad
- use your iPad camera to measure spaces
- whiteboard screencasting tool for iPad that can be shared a variety of ways
- collect and share notes, images, audio and video annotations, etc.
- flash card utility
- a social network app that lets you access your Facebook account.
- beautiful screen cast tool for iPad from Camtasia
- information about the Esri Federal GIS 2012 Conference
Find my iPhone
- what if you lose your iPad? This app will help you find it.
- easy way to track all your media sources in one place.
- take a photo, annotate it with sound (voice over or ambient) and share it.
- a huge collection of photos with descriptions of points of interest and travel planning capabilities
- google search engine.
- access and create online document, spreadsheets, presentations, and drawings with 5GB of free storage.
- visual map tool
- interactive map tool
- video streaming service
- download and read books
- socially share photos retro looking photos
- access a variety of different educational content such as lectures, books, notes, etc.
for different subjects.
- online learning resource
- Amazon books
- professional social network
- mind mapping tool
- BBLearn mobile tool (largely geared to students)
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter profiles from one one app.
- a photography app that allows you to apply effects live so
that you know exactly
you know exactly what your picture will look like
before you take it.
- QR code reader
- an app that allows you to place video calls and instant message.
- a social network app that allows you to access your twitter account.
- mind mapping tool
- Use notes, sketches and photos and sync to
- iPad decision tree tool to help process ideas
- natural handwriting tool for iPad
- iPad app that allows for collaborative comments via text, audio and video
- Use this tool to connect to content from your CatFiles network storage account
- collaborate with white board tools with other wireless iPad users
- search for anything, find connected nodes of information
- iPad app for XanEdu course packs
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"