Get your Wikispaces Classroom now:
the easiest way to manage your class.
Pages and Files
Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences
Wireless display for iPad
Add "All Pages"
iPads Resources at Linfield College
Here, we will collect a bank of resources useful to the Linfield Community related to iPads in teaching and learning.
Linking your iPad wirelessly to a projector or other display
How to alphabetize your apps without dragging and dropping each one individually
Linfield's FDL (Faculty Development Lab
) has two
iPads for faculty to check out. One specifically for
Art, Humanities, Social Science apps
and one for
. Below is a list of common apps that are useful and found on both iPads.
Atomic Web Browser Lite
- an alternative web browser that offers Facebook/Twitter integration among other features
- record and share short audio clips
- Business Analyst Online offers demographic and market facts for every area in the United States
- an interactive test prep platform for the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, SAT and more
Blackboard Mobile Learn
- allows you to view and post content to your BBLearn courses.
- Multimedia story creation; plays back like a video and post to the web.
- web browser
-a voice recognition app that takes what you say and types it out to be sent as an e-mail, social network update, etc.
- as the name implies, you can see two web pages at once on your iPad
- use your iPad camera to measure spaces
- whiteboard screencasting tool for iPad that can be shared a variety of ways
- collect and share notes, images, audio and video annotations, etc.
- flash card utility
- a social network app that lets you access your Facebook account.
- beautiful screen cast tool for iPad from Camtasia
- information about the Esri Federal GIS 2012 Conference
Find my iPhone
- what if you lose your iPad? This app will help you find it.
- easy way to track all your media sources in one place.
- take a photo, annotate it with sound (voice over or ambient) and share it.
- a huge collection of photos with descriptions of points of interest and travel planning capabilities
- google search engine.
- access and create online document, spreadsheets, presentations, and drawings with 5GB of free storage.
- visual map tool
- interactive map tool
- video streaming service
- download and read books
- socially share photos retro looking photos
- access a variety of different educational content such as lectures, books, notes, etc.
for different subjects.
- online learning resource
- Amazon books
- professional social network
- mind mapping tool
- BBLearn mobile tool (largely geared to students)
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter profiles from one one app.
- a photography app that allows you to apply effects live so
that you know exactly
you know exactly what your picture will look like
before you take it.
- QR code reader
- an app that allows you to place video calls and instant message.
- a social network app that allows you to access your twitter account.
- mind mapping tool
- Use notes, sketches and photos and sync to
- iPad decision tree tool to help process ideas
- natural handwriting tool for iPad
- iPad app that allows for collaborative comments via text, audio and video
- Use this tool to connect to content from your CatFiles network storage account
- collaborate with white board tools with other wireless iPad users
- search for anything, find connected nodes of information
- iPad app for XanEdu course packs
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"